Private swim lesson will allow clients to have one-on-one training in the pool with a qualified instructor at their own pace. Private swim lessons are offered year around. The complete 8 lesson package is recommended to allow for the best skill obtainment and greatest discount. All ages and skill levels welcome.
Private Swim Lessons
Groups must have a maximum of three individuals who have similar goals.
|1 Lesson||$15 / Person||$20 / Person||$30 / Person|
|3 Lessons||$45 / Person||$50 / Person||$60 / Person|
|5 Lessons||$70 / Person||$75 / Person||$85 / Person|
|8 Lessons||$110 / Person||$115 / Person||$125 / Person|
|1 Lesson||$30 / Person||$35 / Person||$40 / Person|
|3 Lessons||$60 / Person||$65 / Person||$75 / Person|
|5 Lessons||$85 / Person||$90 / Person||$100 / Person|
|8 Lessons||$125 / Person||$130 / Person||$140 / Person|
Parent & Child Aquatics (6 months – 36 months)
To familiarize young children to the water and prepare them to learn to swim in the American red Cross Pre-school Aquatics or Learn-to-Swim courses. It is not designed to teach children to become good swimmers or to survive in the water on their own.
Pre-school Aquatics (3 years to 5 years old)
To orient preschool-age children to the aquatic environment and to help them acquire rudimentary levels of bsic aquatic skills. Children learn basic aquatics safety and survival skill to increase comfort level in and around the water.
Level 1 – Level 6 (5 years old to about 12 years old)
Children learn through six progressive levels to develop and refine their water safety, survival and swim skills.
- Level 1: To begin developing positive attitudes, good swimming habits and safe practices in and around the water.
- Level 2: To give participants success with fundamental skills, including learning how to float without support and to recover to a vertical position.
- Level 3: To build on the skills in Level 2 by providing additional guided practice in deeper water.
- Level 4: To develop participants’ confidence in the strokes learned in Level 3 and to improve other aquatic skills.
- Level 5: To develop participants’ confidence in the strokes learned in Level 3 and to improve other aquatic skills.
- Level 6: To refine strokes so participants swim them with more ease, efficiency, power and smoothness and over greater distances.
Adult Lessons (Ages 12 and older)
Provides adults the opportunity to learn and/or refine their water safety, survival and swim skills with their peers. Each adult is evaluated on his/her skill level and is taught appropriate water skills based mostly on personal goals.
Policy & Procedures
Carmichael Complex parking lot is classified as “C” and is available before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Visitors are encouraged to use the Coliseum Deck pay lot for parking. University Recreation will not be held responsible for any tickets received for parking outside of designated areas.
Enter the Carmichael Recreation Center and follow designated signs to pool deck. Please be prepared 10 minutes prior to your lesson time.
Carmichael locker rooms are equipped with showers and lockers.
Note: Family changing rooms are available in front entrance hallway
Parents and caregivers must go to the bleachers on the pool deck if they wish to observe lessons. For the children’s benefit, no one is allowed in or around the pool during lessons.
No refunds will be granted after initial purchase.