University Recreation offers a variety of multi-use facilities, aquatic, and outdoor spaces to host your special event. Spaces are available to be reserved by NC State registered student organizations, NC State University departments, and Non-NC State groups. All facility, field, or aquatic reservation requests must follow the procedures listed below:
For a list of spaces available, please check our Available Spaces page.
- Step 1 – Submit either the Facility or Field Request Form or the Aquatic Center Reservation Form and provide as much detail to the scope and logistics of your event.
- For all activity space rental requests, please provide at least 4-weeks’ notice prior to the event start date.
- For all meeting space requests, please provide at least 1 weeks’ notice prior to the meeting date.
- Any late or last minute requests (within 5 business days; not including holidays or university closures) will be handled on a case by case basis as time and staff workload permits.
- Step 2 – Your request will be reviewed by either Facility Operations or Aquatic Staff for availability of space and the scope of the event. You will be contacted within 3 business days. You may be asked to discuss additional event logistics and details. This may include:
- Equipment rental needs
- Set-up/take-down information
- Staffing requirements
- Liability insurance requirements
- Vending requirements
- Weather contingencies
- Security requirements
- Any additional fees or permits necessary
- Step 3 – Facility Operations or Aquatic Staff will compile the information and create a confirmation. The confirmation will include all estimated costs and fees. The confirmation will be emailed for you to review, sign, and return. The event is officially scheduled when the following conditions are met:
- The cost estimates are accepted by the client
- The confirmation is signed and returned
- If applicable, clients will also be required to review and sign an NC State University Facility Use Agreement and provide proof of $1,000,000 liability insurance
- All Non – NC State External users will be charged a non-refundable reservation fee: 50% indoor space, 10% outdoor space
- Step 4 – After the event has occurred, Facility Operations or Aquatic Staff will send an invoice. Any discrepancies to charges or fees must be settled within 5 business days after receipt of the invoice. Specific instructions for payment will be provided at that time.
For all Facility or Field Rental questions, please contact:Sadat Khan
Assistant Director, Facility Operations
P: (919) 515-7323
For all Aquatic Center Rental questions, please contact:Jessi Hobart
Assistant Director, Aquatics
P: (919) 515-1391