Events may be cancelled on outdoor fields due to unsafe field conditions caused by inclement weather. These closures may occur prior to scheduled events. To ensure fields are usuable, please contact the Reservations and Events Manager if there are questions.
- Field may be closed for rain or severe weather days before an event.
- Please be in contact with the Facilities Event Manager for up-to-date information.
- No play will be allowed for at least 30 minutes after the last lightning strike in a 0-3 mile radius.
- Participants will be asked to leave field in the event of lightning and may or may not be allowed to return, depending on severity of weather and field schedule.
- Student organizations may cancel no later than 72 hours in advance of the event without being charged full rental cost.
- Participants will be charged half the facility rental and all of the direct staffing costs.
- The Facility Event Manager can give more specific details in the event of a cancellation.
If there is any damage to the facility or equipment, the cost of the repairs will be charged to the group responsible. If the facility is not cleaned, a cleaning charge may apply. Additionally, the group responsible my forfeit privileges to reserve facilities in the future.