All Group Fitness classes are free for NC State Students and Carmichael Complex members. With more than 125 classes offered per week during the Fall and Spring semesters, there is something for everyone. The schedule offers a variety of class formats and spans up to 15 hours a day.
All Group Fitness classes include modifications for all fitness levels to ensure that each participant has the ability to set and meet their individual fitness goals.
In an effort to continue to provide innovative and convenient programming, University Recreation is extending the online pre-registration process.
Effective Monday, January 12, the Group Fitness will utilize IMLeagues.com for online registration of all Group Fitness Classes. In order to ensure a spot in one of these Group Fitness class formats, you will need to pre-register for the class. Once you pre-register, you are guaranteed a spot.
The Carmichael Gym is scheduled to undergo a facility renovation and expansion project. Starting January 2014, two studios in Carmichael Gym are expected go offline. As a result, the Group Fitness program will be holding classes out of fewer studios. With fewer offerings each week, we anticipate a greater demand in most classes. This could potentially lead to lines forming to drop-in to a Group Fitness class, and a greater chance of participants not getting a spot. In response to this we have decided to implement online registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Currently, registration is offered for the following formats:
- Click HERE to pre-register for a Group Fitness Class
- If you do not already have an account through IMLeagues.com, please create an account using your NC State University email address.
- Please Select “NC State” for the school when logging in
- Click on the Fitness tab, located at the top of the page.
- Find the specific class that you would like to register for. Click the green icon “Sign Up”.
- An email will be send to confirm your registration in the class.
- Visit IMLeagues.com and click “Create Account”.
- Enter your information using your NC State University email.
- You will be sent an activation email. Please click the link located in the email to activate your account.