Belay Clinics are 2-hour classes at Rockwall that teach the basics of rock climbing including catching a climber during a fall and lowering them safely. These clinics cost $10.
Belay Clinic Curriculum:
- Harness use
- Climbing knots
- Tying into a harness
- Setting up the belay device
- Belaying technique
- Safety checks
- Commands used in belaying and climbing
- Catching a fall
- Lowering a climber
Safety Skills Assessments is not part of the Belay Clinic.
Belay Clinic Registration
- Registration opens January 6, 2014 for all Clinics.
- You must register at the Outdoor Adventures rental counter in the Carmichael Recreation Center from Noon – 5 p.m.
- Full payment of $10 is due at time of registration.
- Payment can be made in Cash, Checks made out to NCSU, or Credit/Debit Card. We accept Visa & MasterCard.
- No refunds will be issued.
- If you need to cancel we will do our best to reschedule you in another clinic.
Group Programs: Want to bring a group to the wall? Programs are available throughout the year. Contact the Climbing Wall manager for prices and scheduling at (919) 513-0072.
Fall 2014 Belay Clinic Schedule
|September 15, 2014||7:30 p.m.||$10|
|September 23, 2014||7:30 p.m.||$10|
|October 1, 2014||7:30 p.m.||$10|
|October 5, 2014||4:30 p.m.||$10|
|October 14, 2014||7:30 p.m.||$10|
|October 22, 2014||7:30 p.m.||$10|
|October 30, 2014||7:30 p.m.||$10|
|November 3, 2014||7:30 p.m.||$10|
|November 11, 2014||7:30 p.m.||$10|
|November 19, 2014||7:30 p.m.||$10|