Belay Clinics are 2-hour classes that teach the basics of rock climbing including catching a climber during a fall and lowering them safely. These clinics cost $10.
Belay Clinic Curriculum:
- Harness use
- Climbing knots
- Tying into a harness
- Setting up the belay device
- Belaying technique
- Safety checks
- Commands used in belaying and climbing
- Catching a fall
- Lowering a climber
Safety Skills Assessments is not part of the Belay Clinic.
Belay Clinic Registration
- You must register at the Outdoor Adventures rental counter in the Carmichael Recreation Center from Noon - 5 pm.
- Full payment of $10 is due at time of registration.
- Payment can be made in Cash, Checks made out to NCSU, or Credit/Debit Card. We accept Visa & MasterCard.
- No refunds will be issued.
- If you need to cancel we will do our best to reschedule you in another clinic.
Want to bring a group to the wall? Programs are available throughout the year. Contact the Climbing Wall manager for prices and scheduling at (919) 513-0072.
|Thurs., May 30||6:30pm–8:30pm||
Open: Mon., May 20
|Tues., Jun. 18||6:30pm–8:30pm||Open: Mon., May 20|
|Thurs., Jul. 11||6:30pm–8:30pm||Open: Mon., May 20|
|Tues., Jul. 30||6:30pm–8:30pm||Open: Mon., May 20|