2015-2016 Greek Points Standings (Updated 12/8/2015)
1. Zeta Tau Alpha, 430 Points
2. Kappa Alpha Theta, 270 Points
3. Pi Beta Phi, 205 Points
1. Lambda Chi Alpha, 605 Points
2. Sigma Phi Epsilon, 570 Points
3. Sigma Nu, 400 Points
2014-2015 Greek Points Final Standings
1. Chi Omega, 370 Points
2. Kappa Alpha Theta, 265 Points
3. Delta Zeta, 260 Points
1. Sigma Phi Epsilon, 1510 Points
2. Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI), 1320 Points
3. Phi Delta Theta, 1075 Points
Greek organizations will be able to enter players/teams into individual and dual sport competitions that will award points counting towards the Intramural Sports Greek Points Competition. Organizations participating in Intramural Sports will be divided into Fraternity and Sorority leagues for all point activities, with an overall point champion in each. If a Fraternity or Sorority league is not provided for an Intramural Sport, Greek organizations may still accumulate points for that sport. The Competitive Sports staff will track all Greek Intramural Sport teams and point totals throughout the academic year.
Fraternity and Sorority participants must be active members of the Interfraternity Council, Panhellenic Association (PA) , Multicultural Greek Council (MGC), or National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
To be eligible to participate in Competitive Sports programming, participants must fall into one of the following categories of students or faculty/staff.
- Students: anyone who is currently enrolled at NC State, holds a valid NC State Wolfpack One Card and pays the Recreational Sports Fee through the University Cashier.
- Students enrolled in non-credit courses and students taking correspondence courses are not regularly enrolled and are therefore ineligible for Competitive Sports participation. Anyone may contact the University Cashier’s Office, 919.515.2986, for questions regarding their university status.
- Students are eligible to participate in summer Intramural Sports leagues if they are registered for summer classes or if they have a summer gym membership and were registered students taking classes in the spring semester and have registered for classes in the fall.
- Faculty and Staff: Faculty and Staff may include those who are employed as full-time permanent, part-time permanent or hold professional rank. Faculty and Staff may also include emeritus faculty, temporary professional staff, visiting faculty and staff, and Centennial Campus affiliates. A valid Wolfpack One Card and Carmichael Gym Membership are required to participate in Competitive Sports programming.
A valid Wolfpack One Card is required to participate in all Intramural Sports activities. No other forms of identification or passes (including Carmichael Gym day passes) will be accepted. Any late arriving participants must show their Wolfpack One Card to the supervisor or scorekeeper before participating. Any participant who participates without their Wolfpack One Card will be ineligible to participate in any Intramural Sports event.
Athletic Directors and team captains are responsible for knowing and following all Competitive Sports policies and procedures.
The first forfeit in any team and/or individual sport will result in the loss of participation points. However, placement points will still be awarded. A default or forfeit in any special event will result in zero points being awarded for that sport.
The second forfeit in any team and/or individual sport will result in the team being dropped from further competition in that sport. No participation, playoff, or placement points will be awarded.
Team Sports Scoring
One team entry will be held in each sport for every registered Greek organization to be counted toward the Intramural Sports Greek Points Competition. Other Greek teams may participate in the Men’s/Women’s and Co-Rec leagues but no points will be scored towards the Intramural Sports Greek Points Competition for those teams.
Participation Points – 50 points per team
- 1st Place – 50 Points
- 2nd Place – 35 Points
- 3rd Place – 20 Points
- 4th Place – 20 Points
Playoff Bonus – An additional 10 points will be awarded to each team for advancing to the playoffs.
Individual Sports Scoring
Organizations may register as many individuals/teams as they would like in individual sports. However, the Competitive Sports staff will designate points to the top 4 finishers for each Greek organization in singles events and the top 4 finishers for each Greek organization in doubles events.
Participation Points – 10 points per individual or doubles team
- 1st Place – 25 Points
- 2nd Place – 15 Points
- 3rd Place – 10 Points
- 4th Place – 10 Points