Belay Clinics are 2-hour classes at Rockwall that teach the basics of rock climbing including catching a climber during a fall and lowering them safely. These clinics cost $10.
Belay Clinic Curriculum:
- Harness use
- Climbing knots
- Tying into a harness
- Setting up the belay device
- Belaying technique
- Safety checks
- Commands used in belaying and climbing
- Catching a fall
- Lowering a climber
Safety Skills Assessments is not part of the Belay Clinic.
Belay Clinic Registration
- Registration opens Wednesday, January 6 for all 2016 Clinics.
- You must register at the Outdoor Adventures rental counter in the Carmichael Recreation Center from 10 A.M. – 6 P.M.
- Full payment of $10 is due at time of registration.
- Payment can be made in Cash, Checks made out to NC State University, or Credit/Debit Card. We accept Visa & MasterCard.
- No refunds will be issued.
- If you need to cancel we will do our best to reschedule you in another clinic.
Group Programs: Want to bring a group to the wall? Programs are available throughout the year. Contact the Climbing Wall manager for prices and scheduling at (919) 513-0072.
Spring 2016 Belay Clinic Schedule
|Wednesday, February 10||7:30 – 9:30 P.M.||$10|
|Sunday, February 21||4:30 – 6:30 P.M.||$10|
|Tuesday, March 1||7:30 – 9:30 P.M.||$10|
|Thursday, March 17||7:30 – 9:30 P.M.||$10|
|Wednesday, March 23||7:30 -9:30 P.M.||$10|
|Tuesday, March 29||7:30 – 9:30 P.M.||$10|
|Thursday, April 7||7:30 – 9:30 P.M.||$10|